Sunday, June 19, 2011

Would Have Been; Could Have Been

I tried to be perfect, tried to be honest
Tried to be everything that you ever wanted
I tried to be stronger, tried to be smarter
Tried to be everything for you
I want you
I need you
I want to believe you
I wanted you
I needed you
I wanted to believe you




"I still miss you, but not like I did before. The intense aching I felt isn't there anymore. I still whisper your name, though not as often as I used to. Now it may be once before the day is through. I still hear your voice replaying in my mind, but it's fading now. Soon, silence I will find. I still long for you, to feel your touch, but it's not like before. I don't dream it as much. I still think about you and wonder how you are, but my feelings have changed and they don't go as far. I still feel you sometimes. Maybe you're thinking of me or maybe it's just a little memory of how it used to be. I still love you but it's just not as strong because I'm letting you go now, so we can both move on. You still have a piece of my heart because I always feel you here. Now I'm hoping and praying that that, too, will quickly disappear. This will be my last goodbye, I've nothing else to say. Everything I felt for you can now just fade away."

No comments:

Post a Comment