Wednesday, May 16, 2012

Cross Country Skiing

This one time, Ricky and I went cross country skiing. It was my first time going.  I didn't really like it at first. Mainly because I was frustrated that I couldnt get my boot onto my skii for the first 20 minutes, only to find that there was a rock stuck in my boot that was preventing my boot and the skii to clip together. It took me a little bit to get used to it, and I didn't like that Ricky and I were skiing on one trail, him in front, me behind. It made it impossible to talk to eachother. I enjoyed it alot more when Ricky ended up skiing beside me in a less prominent trail, and I got the hang of the skiing motion, and actually figured out how to pick up speed without falling down as much haha 

Ready. Set. Go!

It was a little windy



We made it to Cameron Lake! Instead of turning right around and heading back to town, we decided to stay and play a bit.



The snow was so high that we could climb the houses! Pretty cool eh?


Can you see Ricky all the way up there??


Snow angles on top of a house










The day turned out to be a complete success and we had so much fun! The skii back into town was alot funner too! If you havn't tried cross country skiing before, you should go out of your bubble and try it! It's really not that hard, and if I can get the hang of it, you could too!

No comments:

Post a Comment