Wednesday, April 6, 2011

"Mm mmm Satan! Not this time!"

At what point do you throw in the towel and say "I give up!"?
At what point do you draw the line?
At what point is it out of your hands?
At what point is it safe to say you have given it your all and there's nothing more you can do?

I honestly don't know.

A year ago, I thought I knew exactly who I was & who I wanted to become.  I thought I knew exactly where my life was going; where I would be, who I would be with, the things I would be a part of, how my attitude and perspective would be towards everyday life... The fact is.. I have no idea anymore. 

We all say, "our trials make us stronger"
                            "we learn and grow with each trial we have".

Funny... I feel the weakest I have ever been.

I guess I am thankful for my trials...  One day I will be able to pick myself up from the ground, brush the dirt off my shoulders and realize "oh... that's why I had this experience.  I needed to mature in this way.  I needed to grow stronger in that way... and this is the person I have become during the process".  
I'm reminded of 2 scriputres in Alma:

Alma 36:3
"...For I do know that whosoever shall put their trust in God shall be supported in their trials, and their troubles, and their afflictions, and shall be lifted up at the last day"

Alma 13:28
"But that ye would humble yourselves before the Lord, and call on his holy name, and watch and pray continually, that ye may not be tempted above that which ye can bear, and thus be led by the Holy Spirit, becoming humble, meek, submissive, patient, full of love and long-suffering"

This scripture in Alma goes along with 1 Corinthians 10:13 talking about how God will not suffer us to be tempted above what we are able; but will make a way to escape, that we might be able to bear it. 

I have also heard that we should be thankful for our trials, because that means we are doing something RIGHT! Satan WANTS to tempt the righteous... to bring them down.  Soooo that's when we need to kick him in the butt and say "mm mmm Satan! Not this time!!"  haha

Anyways... I guess the point I am getting at is that I am going to try to stay hopeful. Do my best. Rely on the Lord... and let Him take it from there. Hopefully I will find out who I am in the process =)

No comments:

Post a Comment